Continuing the re watch of Mike Hammer. This disc ends Season One.
Disc Six is for the most part all Hollywood sets with little tidbits of NYC stockfootage some obviously reused from earlier episodes. The traveling carnival story, the first episode on this disc, has the scrubby looking mountains in the b.g. that look more California than anything found around NYC. Equally the closing episode for the first season has a setting that does not look like any lake on the East coast. This disc contains mostly straight crime episodes with very little noir-ish content.
- No Business Like... - Carny Story.
Doc's Carnival Susan Morrow
Almost fatal Undercover Mike having fun as a carny barker
- Crepe for Suzette - Mike is hired to look for Susan Hacket, Her folks are worried they haven't heard from her in awhile.
Hit and run
- Letter of the Weak - An asylum inmate writes a letter that he's being held against his will to Mike Hammer. Features John Hoyt, Charles Watts, and Paula Raymond. All Hollywood back lot or sets. Director Boris Sagal, written by Frank Kane and Lawrence Kimble, DOP Jack Mackenzie. Straight Crime. 6/10
- That Schoolgirl Complex - A girls preparatory school Highcliff, ridiculously hammer-tomically correct. precocious young women.
- To Bury a Friend - Mike travels to Chicago (one location shot) to pick up the body of a friends son.
- Mere Maid - Mike on vacation up at the lake (looks like California rather than upstate NY).