Monday, November 23, 2020

Noirsville Tune of the Week

Rickie Lee Jones is an American vocalist, musician, songwriter, producer, actress and narrator. Over the course of a career that spans five decades, Jones has recorded in various musical styles including rock, R&B, blues, pop, soul, and jazz. Jones is a two-time Grammy Award winner.



Night Train


Here I'm going

Walkin' with my baby in my arms

'cause I am in the wrong end of the eight ball black

And the devil, see, he's right behind us

And this worker said she's gonna take my little baby

My little angel back

But they won't getcha,

'cause I'm right here witcha

On the night train


Swing low, Saint Cadillac

Tearin' down the alley

And I'm reachin' so high for ya

Don't let 'em take me back

Broken like Valiums and chumps in the rain

That cry and quiver

When a blue horizon is sleeping in the station

With a ticket for a train

Surely mine will deliver me there


Here she comes

I'm safe here with you

On the night train

Oh mama, mama,

Concrete is wheeling by

Down at the end of a lullaby

On the night train 

No comments:

Post a Comment