Friday, January 20, 2017

Noirsville Tune Of The Week

Jerry Jeff Walker - Country Noir



I FEEL LIKE HANK WILLIAMS TONIGHT

Well, I could live my whole life, without a phone call
The likes of which I got today.
It was only my wife, said hello then goodbye.
And told me she's going away.

Well I didn't cry, It was all cut and dried.
I hung up before I realized.
Turned up my stereo, I walked to the window,
Stared at the storm clouds outside.

Chorus:
And I play classical music when it rains,
I play country when I am in pain.
But I won't play Beethoven, the mood's just not right
Oh, I feel like Hank Williams tonight.

There's no explanation, not even a reason,
No talk of the good times we had.
Was it me, was it her, I don't know for sure,
And that's why I'm feelling so bad.

Chorus:
Hey, I play jazz when I am coufused,
I play country whenveer I lose.
Bird's saxaphone, it just don't seem right
Now, I feel like Hank Williams toight.

Lately I've been thinkin', I just might quit drinkin'.
Now I don't know all-in-all.
I just might stay home, get drunk all alone,
And punch a few holes in the wall.

Chorus:
But when I'm rel high I play rock'n'roll,
I play country when I'm losing control.
I don't play Chuck Berry quite as much as I'd like,
Now, I feel like Hank Williams tonight.




No comments:

Post a Comment