Saturday, July 16, 2022

Noirsville Tunes of the Week

 Rickie Lee Jones


Coolsville Trilogy


I and Braggar, and Junior Lee

Well that's the way we always thought it would be

In the Winston lips of September, how we met

Decked out like aces, we'd beat anybody's bet

'Cause we was Coolsville

'Cause we was Coolsville

Well you stick it here

You stick it over there

But it never fits

And now a hungry night you want more and more

And you chip in your little kiss

Well, I jumped all his jokers

But he trumped all my tricks

And I swear to God I thought this one was smart enough to

Stick it into Coolsville

Yeah stick it into Coolsville

So now it's J and be, and me, and that sounds close

But it ain't the same (well, that's okay)

Hot City don't hurt that much but everything feels the same

Well the real thing come and the real thing go

Well the real thing is back in town

Ask me if you want to know The way to Coolsville

(Well I hear you want to go back to Coolsville)

(Well come on honey, take you back to Coolsville)


Young Blood


Take a walk around midnight in the City

Young Blood is hiding there somewhere

If your looking for something to do

There's always something happening there

Like I and Bragger, we borrowed a coup today

Here come Pepe and she's got a friend in a Chevrolet

But she ain't running, she just walking a little slow,

and she ain't crying, she's just singin a little low...

"They say this city will make you dirty, but you look alright,

you feel real pretty when he's holding you tight"

City will make you mean

But that's the make up on your face

Love will wash you clean in the nights disgrace.

Find a block where your people can find you

Keep a third eye watching behind you

You never know when your making a memory

They will wish they were here together again, someday

Kids looking for something to get into take a look

Two for the movie show

Three in the back row

Hold on tight!

Remember you might have looked like cool twelve

But your fuse felt just like dynamite

City will make you dirty, but you look alright,

you feel real pretty when he's holding you tight

City will make you mean

But that's the make up on your face

Love will wash you clean in the night... dirty dirty dirt dirt...

Take a walk around midnight in the City

Young Blood will find you there somewhere

and if your looking for something to do

There's always something happening there

Something's happening there oooh ooh ooooh

Something's happening there hey hey hey... looky here y'all



Chuck E’s in Love


How come he don't come and PLP with me

Down at the meter no more?

And how come he turn off the TV?

And he hang that sign on the door?

We call and we call

"How come?" we say

Hey, what could make a boy behave this way?

So he has learnt all of the lines now

And every time, he don't stutter when he talks

It's true! It's true!

He sure has acquired this kinda cool

And inspired sorta jazz when he walks

Where's his jacket and his old blue jeans?

Well, this ain't healthy, it is some kinda clean

That means

Chuck E.'s in love

Chuck E.'s in love

Chuck E.'s in love

Chuck E.'s in love

I don't believe what you're saying to me

This is something that I've got to see

Is he here?

I look in the poolhall

Well, is he here?

I look in the drugstore

Is he here?

No, he don't come here no more

I'll tell you what, I saw him

He was sitting behind us down in the Pantages

And whatever it is that he's got up his sleeve

Well, I hope it isn't contagious

What's her name?

Is that her there?

Oh, Christ, I think he's even combed his hair

Is that her?

Well, then what's her name?

Oh, it's never gonna be the same

But that's not her

I know what's wrong

'Cause Chuck E.'s in love

With the little girl singin' this song

Don't you know?

Chuck E.'s in love, yeah yeah

Chuck E.'s in love

Chuck E.'s in love, my my

Chuck E.'s in

Chuck E.'s in love

Chuck E.'s in love

He's in love

Love with me

No comments:

Post a Comment