Thursday, June 8, 2017

Noirsville Tune Of The Week

Ry Cooder -  Ryland Peter "Ry" Cooder (born March 15, 1947) is an American musician, songwriter, film score composer, and record producer. He is a multi-instrumentalist but is best known for his slide guitar work, his interest in roots music from the United States, and his collaborations with traditional musicians from many countries.


I Got Mine

And I went down to a big crap game,
'Twas certainly against my will.
I lost every doggone nickel I had
But a greenback dollar bill.
Forty dollar that laid on the floor
My buddy's point was nine
Well, the police they come in there
And caught all of 'em
But I got mine.

I got mine, let me tell ya
I got mine.
I grabbed that money
Out the back door I went flying
Well, ever since the big crap game
I've been livin' on chicken and wine.
I'm the leader of society
Since I got mine.

I know a barber shop
It's a way cross town
Down on Norfolk street
It's the only place on a Saturday night
That us gamblers gets to meet
Some comes for a haircut
And others come for a scrap
And when you see me and my buddies up there, man
We means to shoot some crap
Hollering: "Seven, eleven, won't you come, come, come!!!
If you don't seven, eleven them
You're done, done, done"
If I see the police before he sees me
I'm gonna run, run, run
I'm the leader of society
Since I got mine

Well, I went down to my best girl's house
The hour was just about nine
I wasn't dressed up like Henry Ford
But I was feeling just as fine
I caught her sitting on another man's knee
And I didn't like that sign
Well, I told them what I thought about it, boys
And I got mine

I got mine, I got mine
I grabbed my hat and through the window
I went flying
I ran as fast as I could run
But I didn't get there in time
Because the rascal grabbed a shotgun, Lord
And I got mine

No comments:

Post a Comment